What does it take to become a real teacher in Japan? I know that might seem like an odd question but for anyone teaching in Eikaiwas, Preschools or ALT jobs, the implication is instantly understandable.
I’ve written before about why some teachers in Japan feel like frauds, but I think it’s also important to explain how to become a respected and highly paid teacher, where you can truly earn that title.
In this solo podcast I’ll be talking about:
- What I mean when I talk about being a real teacher.
- Finding opportunities to teach content focussed classes.
- What you need to be as a teacher, not just what you need to do.
- Doing extra work to become a teacher worth hiring at a top-tier school.
- Finding opportunities to teach more, and to teach things that you are passionate about.
- Making your resume look like the resume of a committed and capable teacher.
I also talked a little about my book, the Smart Guide to Teaching English in Japan.
If you want to come to my event on April 4th about Results Focused Communication That Works, then take a look at the event page here.
Charlie speaking at the Finding Your Purpose event at The Hive Jinnan in February.
Subscribe to the Live Work Play Japan podcast on your favourite podcast player!
How much money could you be earning in Japan?
Whether you’re a teacher, freelancer, office worker or entrepreneur, you could be making much more money in Japan. Find out how much: