I did my first event at Nishiogi Place and now I’ve got Hee Gun Eom on the podcast to talk about building a coworking space in Tokyo!
In this podcast (among other things) we talked about:
- Growing up a “third culture” kid in Japan and attending Tokyo American School
- Coming back from studying in the US to help the family business
- Helping young people in Japan by teaching entrepreneurial programs to give them alternatives to 就活 (shukatsu – the Japanese job hunting system)
- Getting funding from the Japanese government to help start the coworking space
- Staying open to collaboration and creating a community of makers and creatives.
Find out more about Nishiogi Place here.
Nishiogi place is one of the most interesting coworking spaces in Tokyo
Subscribe to the Live Work Play Japan podcast on your favourite podcast player!
How much money could you be earning in Japan?
Whether you’re a teacher, freelancer, office worker or entrepreneur, you could be making much more money in Japan. Find out how much: